Round 1: 7 June-2 July - bookings closed
Round 2: 5 July-30 July
Time slot 1: 2PM UAE / 3PM Pakistan/ 10 AM GMT
Time slot 2: 330PM UAE / 430PM Pakistan/1130 AM GMT
(You can only choose one slot)
First time coders and welcome. Students will need a device with a keyboard, camera, internet connection, and updated browser to participate in class. We have an end of week “kahoot” quiz which will need a second device for 15 minutes at the end of class.
WHAT WILL YOU GET?
- 20 coding sessions, held for one hour daily on weekdays
- Each session will be led by a coding expert
- Each session will be held online via Zoom
- Small class size of up to eight children so there is individualized support provided to every participant (class size can vary depending on enrollment)
- A new programming language is introduced every week
- Our curriculum has been developed by experts in education, game design, and computer science. We aim to promote resilience, problem solving, and computational thinking through coding by using prompt-based learning. No previous coding experience is necessary
- A coding “box” with 25+ flashcards, in-store pickup and home delivery options are available (price and availability vary depending on the country you are enrolling from). Digital flashcards available for some countries (option available at checkout)
- Classes will be held from 7 June-2 July 2021 for the first round, and 5-30 July for the second round
- Classes will be held in two slots
- Time slot 1 is at 2PM UAE / 3PM Pakistan/ 10 AM GMT
- Time slot 2: 330PM UAE / 430PM Pakistan/1130 AM GMT
- Classes may be subject to change based on student enrollment and instructor availability. A full refund will be offered in case the class timing you have opted for is not available.
- International participants - Please ensure the class works for time zone before enrolling
- 5 hours: block based visual programming language that allows “drag and drop” of code blocks which snap together like Lego blocks. It is useful introducing coding fundamentals to first time coders.
- 5 hours: Roblox mods using Lua, students will create one mod using methods, variables, and loops.
- 5 hours: Minecraft mods using Java, students will create one mod using functions, variables, loops, and conditionals.
Please note the order in which the subjects will be introduced is subject to change
- Sign up before 22 June for a 10% early bird discount!
- Siblings in the same age group can join free of cost, flashcards will need to be shared
- For orders placed early - flashcards will delivered 3-5 days before the first session
- Deliveries will take 5-7 working days to be printed & delivered, so please place your order accordingly
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
Products cannot be returned or refunded once shipped
CUSTOMERS WITHIN PAKISTAN
- Additional flat rate of PKR 450 will apply
- Free in-store pickup option is available for Lahore
CUSTOMERS OUTSIDE PAKISTAN
- Digital flashcards: Available at no additional charges for customers outside of Pakistan
- Physical flashcards home delivery: Can be shipped outside Pakistan with additional fee, Deliveries can take 10-15 business days.
- Physical flashcards in-store pickup: Available in Canada at any Staples online print & deliver store. Deliveries can take up to 2-5 business days.