14 years & up - Online classes
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: 2 Feb 2024
Last date to sign up: 22 Feb 2024
Classes start: 2 March 2024
WHAT WILL YOU GET?
- Four coding sessions every month led by a coding expert
- Four optional hour of play sessions on Sundays, where students play on private Codeschool servers for Roblox and Minecraft
- Each session will be for one hour via Zoom
- Small group size of up to 8 students, allowing for personalized instruction and support
- No previous coding experience is necessary
- All premium subscriptions and licenses are included in the fee
- Projects will be assigned so that students can pursue independent coding exercises during the week
- Optional Internship/teaching assistant opportunities will be available for students (subject to vacancies)
- English is the language of instruction, our instructors are based in four regions (US/Canada, EU/UK, Middle East & South Asia, East Asia & Australia)
IMPORTANT: select all the options in the dropdown options on the right, else you will not be able to checkout
SATURDAY CLASS TIMINGS
- Classes will take place on Saturdays
- Classes start on the first weekend of the month
- Class day and timings can be customized to student requirements.
- International participants - Please ensure the class works for the time zone before enrolling
- In case you don't find a time that works for you, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can send you a proposal for customized day and time that suits your schedule
- Roblox Mods: Students get an introduction to the programming language Lua, and use the innovative Code Kingdoms platform to create Roblox mods. Students learn to use Roblox developer studio, and can publish their maps and play with friends
- Minecraft Mods: Students will get an introduction to the programming language Java, and use the innovative Code Kingdoms platform to create Minecraft mods. Students get access to a Minecraft Java edition license, their own server and can host their own games for up to 25 friends
- Python: We introduce text based coding through python, starting with fundamentals like sequence, selection & repetition, functions, inputs & outputs, data structures, and visualizations through starter projects like a chat bot, and some simple games using pygame libraries.
- Unity: Students use the Unity Hub to create games, writing C# scripts in Visual Studio. Students learn syntax and application of fundamental programming constructs like events, sequence, selection, repetition, and variables to create classic games like chase, paddle pong, and snake game.
Codeschool can conduct a free diagnostic to evaluate the best program for your child. Contact email@example.com for more details
CURRICULUM & LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Our curriculum has been developed by experts in education, game design, and computer science. We aim to promote resilience, problem-solving, and computational thinking through coding by using prompt-based learning.
- There is a month-end assessment, results are shared with parents via email and are posted on the class announcement group
- We will cover the following programming concepts over the various modules of the program
- Events, sequence, selection, repetition, motion, variables, cloning, functions
- We will teach all concepts by making games
- Students with previous coding experience will need to take a free diagnostic test and we will share the results with the applicant and place the student in the appropriate Codeschool.pk module
- One sibling can be added to the subscription box, with an additional charge of PKR 3,500
- Charges will be added at time of checkout
- Sibling discount is only available if they are both in the same age group, living in the same address
- Only one sibling can be accommodated. Cousins or other relatives cannot be included as siblings.
- Payment is deducted automatically every month, via credit card. Cash payments are eligible for discount if paid in advance in full. Up to 30% discount is available.
- Monthly subscribers also get a customized curriculum plan for the duration of the subscription
- Monthly subscribers in Pakistan also get a coding box and Codeschool.pk box file
- Early cancellation will lead to loss of discount, and you will be charged accordingly. For example, if the discount is 30%, and you only avail one month, the 30% will be recovered from your next payment and the remaining funds reimbursed
- Flashcards are dispatched monthly once payment is deducted
- It is not possible for customers to buy a product subscription and another product at the same time
- To pause or cancel the subscription please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 5 working days before your payment date
CUSTOMERS WITHIN PAKISTAN
- Additional flat rate of PKR 450 will apply to orders below PKR 10,000
- Free in-store pickup option is available for Lahore
CUSTOMERS OUTSIDE PAKISTAN
- Digital flashcards: Available at no additional charges for customers outside of Pakistan
- Physical flashcards home delivery: Can be shipped outside Pakistan with an additional fee
- Physical flashcards in-store pickup: Available in Canada at any Staples online print & deliver store
TRIAL CLASS and REFUND POLICY
Products cannot be returned or refunded once shipped.
In case you are not satisfied with your classes, we can review on a case-by-case basis the issues, and work towards a mutually agreeable solution to either offer a future free/discounted session or a refund, depending on the nature of the issue.